Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Flexible Seating

I am trying out a new type of seating in the classroom. We are trying "flexible seating" which means I have a variety of different seating options available for the students to choose from. Research shows that this type of seating is great for creativity, "...using up excess energy, increased motivation and engagement, creating a better oxygen flow to the brain and improved core strength and overall posture."





We have the traditional tables and chairs...


wobble stools...



bean bag chairs and a pea pod (looks like a blow up canoe sort of)...



I have a table that I lowered to the ground where the students can sit on a cushion or a small rug to work on...

yoga balls...


and I have a crate full of small rugs that the students can use to lay or sit on if they want to work on the floor somewhere...



2 comments:

  1. You are the best! Thanks for your creative thinking and action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! Thank you for your feedback I always appreciate hearing any and all feedback from parents!

    ReplyDelete